Our Project Areas
- Gave a Keynote Speech at the First World Blockchain Conference in Changsha, Hunan, China to an invite-only conference on Blockchain Technology Innovation sponsored by the Ministry of Industry and Information technology and the Communist Party.
- Hired by Princeton University to review their textbook: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies.
- Educating a major European Financial Institution about Bitcoin and the Blockchain, the Bitcoin movement and regulatory issues and concerns in the Eurozone.
Advising a blockchain consulting company in North America on building client relations in Asia.
Advising a team implementing a complementary currency system in a 30,000 resident refugee camp turned settlement in East Africa.
Advising the King of a nation in the Pacific about implementing a currency to bring the community closer together economically, and to facilitate increased cooperation and sharing of well-being.
Advising a group implementing a time-currency to improve reciprocation in a rural area in the United States.
Advising a light rail transit society in North America about ways to increase spin-off benefits for local business situated along a streetcar line using a digital currency.
Advising a bullion-backed digital currency startup in Montreal, Canada.
Advising a technology hardware provider in Australia about strategies for entering the Indonesian market.
- Conducting research and Consulting the Provincial Government of a Southeast Asian nation about how to understand and interact with the traditional currencies that circulate in their area.
Conducting “Getting Started with Bitcoin Trainings) to groups of over 10 people at a time in Bali, Indonesia.
- Educating the R&D Unit of a major Japanese financial institution in Tokyo about parallel currencies in the wake of the Asian Monetary Crisis in 1998.
Latest Posts and Interviews
“There is no doubt that Stephen is recognized as one of the pioneers who has done most, not just in conceptual, technical and financial innovation, but also in real-life implementation. He has made a incalculable contribution to monetary transformation.”
“Stephen has a long history in the field of community and complementary currencies for more than 20 years in Canada, Latin America and Asia. He has designed several community currency models for economic development purposes in Mexico, Argentina, India and Thailand. And he wrote valuable list of articles on the subject. Last, Stephen presented and facilitated at Universities and conferences all over the world. We are proud that Stephen is fellow at Qoin.”
“I engaged Stephen as a consultant to carry out this study [of traditional currencies in East New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea in 2001. I was impressed by his extraordinary knowledge of complementary currencies, by his contribution to the field, and by his dedication to the study. The work went seamlessly. The client loved the result. And we all learned from working with Stephen. I recommend him highly.”
Assai Culture-Driven Projects
“I have had several different opportunities to work with Stephen along the years. Each time I could enjoy Stephen’s rigor and the depth of his expertise, not just in complementary currencies (a huge field), but also where the world goes. Stephen knows how to combine the big picture with practical ‘get the work done’ things. A very rare quality.”
Collective Intelligence Research Institute